Program Manager, Incident Management
Our mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We are accomplishing that mission by building an oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Today, the Flatiron Health platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
The Program Manager plays a critical role in our TechOps organization by providing oversight and governance for the FlatIron Incident Management Program. In this role you will:
- Develop and implement a governance program for Flatiron's Incident Management processes and procedures, ensuring they are tested regularly.
- Interface with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support to develop plans for responding to potential disruptions in technical services.
- Plan and lead post-incident reviews that identify potential causes for the incident.
- Document corrective/preventative action plans and collaborate with relevant Engineering, Customer Support, and Product teams to ensure they are implemented.
- Identify systems and tools that improve incident visibility, classification, and prioritization.
- Articulate trends and findings of event classifications to relevant stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience in Program/Project Management or previous incident manager experience.
- Previous experience with the methods and techniques used for assessing and managing risk in IT Environments.
- Previous experience in implementing ITSM toolsets and a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support the incident management toolset.
- Excellent Interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills across varying technical skill levels.
- Effective time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks amongst shifting priorities and deadline pressures.
- Previous professional experience working with agile scrum software engineering teams.
- ITIL Incident Management Framework
- Experience working with web applications and high-level programming languages.
- Working understanding of IT Compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, and SOX.