We're looking for a Program Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
You will join the IT team as a Program Manager to support the IT team. We exist to enable employee productivity & business efficiency through the use of secure, reliable, and optimized tools & infrastructure.
In this role, you will build strong relationships with our stakeholders to understand how they function and what their current and future technical requirements are. Equipped with this knowledge, you will work closely with our technical teams to translate those requirements into technical solutions and plan the execution of work to support these solutions. In addition, you’ll also:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for stakeholders to continually understand inefficiencies and requirements, communicate updates and status, and develop short and long term roadmaps.
- Prioritize requests against our capacity and existing & future commitments
- Define project scope and articulate impact, document and track deliverables and milestones, and help teams create project plans for multiple org-wide, cross-project and cross-functional initiatives, based on team estimates and average velocity
- Work with program and/or product managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Own facilitation of planning and execution while ensuring projects are progressing and moving forward
- Ensure teams remain focused on goals, removing impediments - acting as the team’s servant leader
- Provide coaching around Agile best practices and Scrum/Kanban frameworks
- Develop communication plans to document and report on the team’s progress to ensure proper visibility into project status
Who You Are
You're a program manager with 3-5 years doing Agile project and/or program management. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 3-5 years in Agile Project or Program Management
- Your are experienced in Agile methodologies
- You have familiarity with SaaS applications & integrations, software development lifecycle, and server/network infrastructure both in an on-prem and Cloud environment
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize requirements into strategies that achieve business goals
- You have the ability to build strong business relationships and trust that help influence decisions and get buy-in from stakeholders
- You have the ability to prioritize work that support business objectives and confidently negotiate competing stakeholder needs
- You are experienced managing projects from a scoping, planning, and execution perspective
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.