We're looking for a Program Manager for our IT team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role you will support three technical teams within IT: Corporate Applications, Corporate Engineering, and SaaS Operations. Each of these supports key areas of Flatiron but ultimately exist to support employee productivity using technical tools.
Your time will be prioritized to assist the Corporate Applications team which leads the selection, implementation, and ongoing management of core enterprise business systems. The systems this team will deploy and manage operate at the center of Flatiron, helping to minimize the burden of overly complex operations, and leading to increased work output through optimized workflows.
As a Program Manager you will build strong relationships with our stakeholders to understand how they function and what their current and future technical requirements are. Equipped with this knowledge, you will work closely with our technical teams to translate those requirements into technical solutions and organize the execution of work to support these solutions. In addition you'll also:
- Analyze existing business processes and data flows and partner with the technical teams to develop optimization plans that increase operational efficiency and enhance business capabilities
- Leverage your understanding of the technical capabilities of corporate applications including Salesforce to translate business needs into functional requirements
- Serve as primary point of contact for cross-organizational stakeholders to continually understand inefficiencies and requirements, communicate updates and status, and develop short and long term roadmaps.
- Define project scope and articulate impact, document and track deliverables and milestones, and create clear plans for execution of 4-6 projects concurrently and refine processes for managing the intake and prioritization of requests
- Coordinate rollouts of new functionality, ensuring near and long-term success by communicating with users, soliciting feedback, and surfacing issues that may impact adoption
- Manage resources, backlog of requests, and most importantly, coordinate the prioritization of projects and requests across our stakeholder groups
- Ensure quality in technical deliveries by working with stakeholders to define acceptance criteria and track testing and develop communication plans to document and report on the team’s progress to ensure proper visibility into project status
Who You Are
You're a Program Manager with 3-5 years in a Project Manager, Program Manager or Business Analyst role supporting internal business teams (e.g. finance, sales, etc.). You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. Additionally:
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You have familiarity with Salesforce CRM
- You possess strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize requirements into strategies that achieve business goals
- You are able to build strong business relationships and trust that help influence decisions and get buy-in from stakeholders, prioritize work that support business objectives and confidently negotiate competing stakeholder needs
- You understand and demonstrate effective communication that is concise, well-written, and tailored for your audience
- You excel in a fast-paced and cross-functional role and are able to independently manage work streams or projects towards successful completion
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.