Program Manager - Onboarding at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Product, Design and Engineering (PDE) teams at Better are responsible for the end to end experience of getting a loan at Better.com, as well as all of the things behind the scenes that automate and structure the mortgage process. It’s a team that moves very quickly – we ship improvements to Better.com about 50 times daily, and we use tons of data to improve the experience and drive decisions. The Product and Tech Operations Team at Better ensures that the technology organization is equipped to scale efficiently and continue to build the absolute best products for our customers.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Product Operations and Technology. They will work with our “Schoolhouse” team which is chartered to improve the training of our department members through efforts such as onboarding, continuous education, lateral mobility and, importantly, building a documentation culture of reading and writing. This role will be critical as we continue to scale by ensuring members of the organization build composable technical systems that deliver both on their shorter term objectives as well as the broader objectives of the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
Conduct a positive learning and development experience from beginning to end for new hire onboarding.
Manage the development and delivery of detailed product and engineering training courses that fall within the onboarding experience
Identify, define, and track impact of program through metrics and implement suggestions for further improvement.
Build relationships and collaborate with our cross function partners across the organization to uncover skill gaps that are needed to be successful in PDE. (ie: Sales, Operations, Marketing, etc.)
Proactively drive and support change/continuous improvement of onboarding program
Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program/product
Manage communication with internal stakeholders throughout PDE
Reduce cognitive overload by making it easy for department members to do the right thing through documentation of our systems, processes and product
Surface and advocate for key insights from within PDE to advise process and product improvements within the schoolhouse initiative
Work with engineering management to identify and fill gaps in cross-team knowledge or collaboration
You have 5+ years of experience in Product Operations or Program Management within a technology organization
Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvement solutions
Top notch presentation skills
Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments.
Experience leading and owning multiple cross-functional projects that improve a user experience or solve a problem within workflows, tooling, or user support
You have a proven track record of success operating in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
You have years of strong stakeholder management experience, and know how to communicate effectively through compelling decks, concise emails and documents, and through leading in-person meetings
Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative with little to no direction
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.