Program Manager, Social Impact at DoorDash
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive. From creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses through creative programs and partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics.About the Role
DoorDash is hiring a Program Manager to join the Social Impact team at DoorDash.
You will own and expand programs to solve problems of equity in small business ownership for women, immigrants and people of color. Since 2019, Kitchens Without Borders (KWB) has highlighted and supported immigrant- and refugee-owned businesses on DoorDash, and we are proud to have KWB restaurant partners in 36 U.S. states and Canada. In 2020, we announced a set of initiatives to support Black-owned businesses. Additionally, we partner with organizations that promote greater inclusion in the restaurant industry and small business ecosystem.
The Program Manager will set a long-term course for this effort and build programmatic structures to scale it against audacious goals in the years ahead.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strengthen existing initiatives and launch new ones, creatively using DoorDash’s technology, resources, and reach to have systemic positive impact.
- Roll up your sleeves to operationalize your vision on a day-to-day basis, from creating tools and datasets, to drafting copy, to corresponding directly with merchants and other partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders such as:
- Marketing and Product to engage consumers
- Merchant and Strategy & Ops to build and inform processes and programs
- Community Affairs and Partnerships to cultivate relationships with organizations that can further our mission by supporting merchants both on and off our platform
- Define success metrics, report on impact and help tell the story internally and externally.
- You have 4+ years of experience and a track record leading a new business, business vertical, or program end-to-end. You think in terms of scalable process and long-term vision and can build the infrastructure and relationships to get there.
- You have knowledge of the social sector and/or social issues that informs your thoughtful, ambitious perspective on how DoorDash can make a unique impact. You may have expertise in areas such as economic development and economic empowerment.
- You have a vision for a more equitable small business ecosystem and a plan for how DoorDash can help shape it.
- You are confident working autonomously and you are a pro at leading group projects.
- You distill complex information into compelling narratives.
- You’re data driven. SQL skills are a big plus.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.