Program Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Program Management Office
At Gemini, Program Managers (PgMs) leverage a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our cross-functional teams for success by building scalable programs that support Gemini’s technical vision.
The Role: Program Manager
At Gemini, Project Managers are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our Project Managers also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
As a Project Manager, you will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to support the planning and rollout of our technology projects within a fast-moving, rapidly growing technology organization.
- Creates, executes, and revises timelines as appropriate to ensure projects are completed according to the team’s planned roadmap
- Develops detailed project plans for cross-functional projects, where applicable
- Track milestones and tasks in JIRA
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure new features are go-to market ready (i.e. interface with internal teams such as Engineering, QA, Risk, and Security)
- Be the main point of contact for projects
- Identify and remove impediments that block the team’s ability to meet project deadlines by facilitating team discussion
- Effectively disseminates relevant project information throughout the organization
- Facilitates project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, standups, sprint planning, grooming)
- Run retrospectives when projects are completed, sharing lessons learned, and collaborating with teams to address learnings for future projects
- Empower the team to make system and process improvements captured in sprint retrospective meetings
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years of experience in project management
- Experience in managing development teams through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is a plus
- 2+ years or experience in banking, finance or payment systems.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to build strong working relationships by bridging technical and nontechnical teams across the company
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Experience with Project Management software and agile methodologies
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.