Project Manager, Design Operations at Harry's
About the role
This role is joining the growing operations function of the Design team that’s rapidly scaling to support an increasing number of brands, retailers, and geographies under the Harry’s Inc. umbrella.
It’s a highly visible position tackling process and project based work. As a project manager, you will work across the company as the voice and ears of Harry’s Design. You are the primary source of contact for the Design, cross-functional, and leadership teams throughout the entire project lifecycle--from kickoff-to launch and every point in between.
This integral role accelerates the speed of work across the Design function and the business at large and allows designers to focus on creating best in class designs (core to Harry’s DNA).
Note this is not a designer role, but a passion for design is a must.
What you will do
- Gain a deep understanding of the different divisions within the Design Team and know the intricacies of each: Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Print Production and Store Design.
- Work within the Harry’s Design Team and partners on projects big and small, earning trust along the way.
- Build great cross-functional collaborative relationships. The Design Team acts as a service agency throughout the company - understanding their needs and ways of working is critical.
- Efficiently use and maintain the processes, systems, and tools in place to support Design. Navigate complex processes with ease and dedicate time and energy to making it better.
- Able to work and remain detail-oriented/energized within aggressive timelines, and while juggling many projects across different brands and geographies.
- Able to effectively communicate within the team/org and negotiate timelines, decision making, and feedback.
- Help keep the team on track using exceptional communication skills. Deliver briefs to the appropriate team members and have answers to critical questions that may come up.
- Anticipate both what's happening today and what's ahead. You will proactively sound the alarm on issues that may derail our process/timeline.
- Be the primary source of contact for outside vendors used by the design team - illustrators, model makers, construction, etc.
- Celebrate our wins and help to adapt when we have set backs.
This should describe you
- You have 3-4 years of project management experience
- You have worked as a process or project manager / producer for a design team or design-driven company
- You take previous reflections and learnings and uses them to improve processes, systems and overall work quality
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to relentlessly follow up
- Able to recognize patterns and breakdown tough problems. Excited to brainstorm, hypothesize, and test solutions
- Able to act as the primary source of contact but still have the confidence to ask for help. Exhibits a high level of ownership.
- Resilient and unwavering dedication to the process
- Lightning fast learner - Get up to speed quickly to get to know the design process and the inner workings of Harry’s
- No task too small attitude
- Smart and thoughtful, with a sense of humor
- Communication guru
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Design Team Manager, Michelle Nguyen
- Working within the broader Design team
- Working cross-functionally with the entire Harry’s org globally: R&D, Packaging, Retail, Strategy, Brand, Creative, Finance, Sourcing, Legal, and Leadership.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.