Project Manager - Development Operations at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK’s Development Operations team is seeking a passionate, strategic, organized, and highly motivated Project Manager to join its growing team. The Project Manager will analyze, initiate, and drive projects through to successful completion, provide status updates, and make recommendations to Senior Leadership in Development.
The Development Operations team is responsible for the technical infrastructure and business operations that support the Development Department. We aim to increase MSK’s fundraising potential through the creation of innovative technology and process solutions.
As assigned, initiates, plans, develops and conducts project methodologies to facilitate departmental initiatives and fulfill programmatic needs.
- First point of contact for projects and assignments
- Participates in the development/timeline and facilitates business and action plans to progress departmental initiatives
- Develops and sustains project work flows and timelines
- Leads ongoing projects and monitors issues and progress
- Works closely with leadership and Development staff to plan and implement software development
- Serves as a thought partner in the development of solutions and new initiatives
- Serves as primary liaison for appropriate contacts both within the institution and with vendor partners
- Engages in the direction of the project, recommends, and directs new and modified action plans
- Understands external regulations as well as MSK policies and procedures and is able to interpret their implications for the project
- Implements standard operating procedures for project management across the Development organization
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- A Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- 4-7 years of Project Management related experience
- PMP Certification
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM or other CRM systems
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- IT project management experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.