WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As GSS Operations Project Manager, you’ll be managing operational projects that are core to the strategic future of the Global Services and Support (GSS) team within Braze. Scoping and running projects alongside leadership stakeholders with demanding timelines, you’ll be delivering operational excellence into their teams.
This opportunity is at the core of the new GSS Operations initiative and you’ll be a trusted advisor and operational leader to GSS Service Delivery leadership, establishing a best practice for the delivery of operational improvements and tracking their success metrics. If you’re an organised, technically minded inspirational leader; if you enjoy a ‘can do’ environment where everyone gets their hands dirty, then this role may be for you.
Managing Key Projects
Project manage simultaneous projects that will ultimately deliver process improvements within internal GSS delivery teams aligned with their data-driven strategic plans. Your role will involve scoping the full lifecycle of key GSS projects from requirements gathering and project planning through to enablement and handover of deliverables to your stakeholders - within the agreed timeframes. You will define key performance metrics and SLAs for your core programs and processes. You will liaise with the GSS Leadership team to report progress and results against all GSS Operations projects.
You will determine the relevant roles that are needed to deliver the projects on time and meet with corresponding leadership to get help with resourcing your projects. Project teams often include resources from departments and divisions beyond GSS. You will need to be able to build strong relationships with leadership teams across the Braze business so that you can successfully partner with them to create great project teams.
Some project work may require skills that are not available within Braze, and in those instances, you will be responsible for identifying and recommending external vendors. You will need to be able to locate relevant companies, help them to clarify the scope of work and present your recommendations and cost planning to the GSS Senior Leadership team. Keeping costs within agreed margins will be crucial.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have solid experience of project management within an Operations team. You are the type of person who can manage multiple, complex workstreams and never miss a beat. You will be able to convey your ability to manage significant projects or programs explaining how and why they succeeded.
Customer satisfaction will be at the heart of everything that you do and alongside this you will have a strong completer-finisher attitude.
You enjoy the clarity of a well-documented solution that brings order into a complex world. You work diligently to achieve your goals, you think broadly about organizational change management, and you team well with key stakeholders from across the business to achieve your goals and help them towards theirs. You are experienced with being accountable to senior leadership.
Your broad range of skills allow you to cover new and challenging scenarios, always flexing as strategies solidify.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 3-4 years of managing complex projects in a Service Delivery / Professional Services environment in a growing SaaS business.
- A tenacity in getting your messaging across to others in a way that will inspire them to see your envisaged solution.
- A desire to be hands-on in your daily workload and to drive results through personal examples.
- Proven track record of project management skills in a complex and technical arena; seeing through the mist of requirements to drive out actionable results.
- Examples of influential moments when you won over key stakeholders to a best of breed strategy.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Great communication skills and comfort navigating key stakeholder management across a diverse technical audience, including senior leadership.
- Bonus Points:
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies for software (e.g., Project Management Institute methodologies, agile/scrum, and/or software development lifecycle)
- A project management certification such as PMP, CSM, PRINCE2, etc
- Experience of using Jira and/or Asana project management tools
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Confluence
- Strong experience with Google Suite
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.