Project Manager Life Sciences - NY
Responsibilities and Areas of Ownership
- Project planning, scoping, requirements gathering and validation with client.
- Identifying and working with the relevant client and internal stakeholders to plan and resource projects appropriately in terms of quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Risk analysis and contingency planning (plan-do-check-act cycle).
- Leading the internal and external team to successful execution and delivery of client projects
- Creating schedule and monitoring timeliness of delivery.
- Managing the budget and controlling project costs.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with the customer, internal teams and external suppliers.
- Overseeing project activities and ensuring resolution to any problems that may arise (corrective and preventive action).
- Actively seeking ways to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
- Reporting, both in written and verbal form, to internal and external stakeholders regarding Project scope, financials, progress and status, formally and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Ensuring finance systems are kept up to date and accurate.
- Process documentation and knowledge management.
- Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
Measures of Success
- Delivery of services in line with core KPIs for project management, which include but are not limited to:
- client satisfaction;
- on-time delivery;
- cost control and profitability;
- revenue throughput;
- Client growth.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university in related field
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
- Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Demonstrated success at managing large accounts and/or projects.
- Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
- Proven experience in development of processes and ideas.
- Experience in financial management and budget to actual management.
- Customer relationship management and business development skills to drive organic growth.
- Must be available to travel for work related commitments
- Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment
- Ability to cope with high pressure caused by one or more project management elements such as quality, turnaround time, resource or budget constraint
- Attention to details
- Ability to learn and master quickly the technology, tools and processes required by the account
- The ability to train a Project Coordinator on projects/processes