Project Manager, Meetup Pro
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us - we need your help.
We’re looking for a Project Manager to support the growth and success of organizations using Meetup Pro, an exciting new part of the Meetup core business that helps businesses grow local communities around the world. Meetup Pro allows millions of people to experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups, and many more ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect with their fans and followers in real life. Meetup Pro helps those organizations to transform their audience into a community. We have hundreds of customer, and are adding more every day. We need a strong Project Manager to help coordinate internal initiatives that will drive the business and platform forward.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Partner cross-functionally with product, engineering, business and leadership teams to facilitate discussions on scope, goals, deliverables, resources needed and timelines
- Own day-to-day communication and prioritization of projects
- Follow best practices across all teams to facilitate cross-functional communication
- Work proactively to set expectations and assure timeliness of project deliverables
- Leverage internal tools and systems to track performance
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of previous project management experience
- Experience communicating project, performance and other key information to a wider team. Candidate should be comfortable communicating over email, messenger, video-conferencing and posting in shared Facebook groups
- Someone comfortable with taking the lead and owning a project from start to finish
- A highly organized and detail oriented individual who and can handle multiple prospects with ease
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?