Project Manager, Procurement at Cityblock Health
About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for a Senior Procurement Analyst to join the Procurement team. As Cityblock continues to grow and build out its network of vendors, there are multiple vendor engagements across the business that will require project management.
The project manager will:
- Be the main point of contact for all business partners as it relates to vendor engagements and touchpoints in the procurement process
- Manage new, existing, and renewal work streams across the business
- Focus on new vendor engagements, liaising with internal and external teams to ensure engagement workflows are tracking
- Help manage renewals
- Help assess usage and perform annual utilization reports (or upon renewal)
- Help implement and manage new vendor management tool
You will be most successful in this role if you:
- Are self-motivated and autonomous
- Enjoy working cross functionally
- Have high EQ - effectively communicate, manage expectations, and prioritize competing workstreams
- Seek out opportunities to bring clarity to ambiguous situations
- Enjoy identifying opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of experience managing full cycle PM across multiple stakeholders, preferably within the technology or strategic sourcing space
- Service-driven, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to see the big picture - connect the dots across the organization, identify opportunities for efficiency, and make strategic recommendations as needed
- Tech-savvy - experience implementing and owning a tool, preferred
- Communication skills - we are looking for someone with high EQ and the ability to tailor communication to their audience
- You are service oriented and have a passion for contributing to mission-oriented work
- You are detail-oriented and extremely organized, and good with time management
- You have experience and success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- You are an excellent communicator using verbal, written, and graphical means as appropriate depending on your audience
- You are a self-motivated learner
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change
- You must be a strong team player, even across lines of difference
How We Define Success:
- Operates effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the strong ability to drive results
- Manages and communicates the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business owners and procurement stakeholders
- Proactively manages and mitigates issues and risks
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved
- Successfully manages the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through vendor onboarding
- Supports team members in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliverables
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in projects
- Embraces ClickUp and other team collaboration tools to effectively identify, track, and communicate priorities both for day-to-day and long-term planning
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with GSuite as well as Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification strongly preferred
- Comfort working in innovative Project Management software (e.g. Clickup)
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.