Project Manager, Product Analytics
Peloton is seeking a Project Manager to help optimize the efficiency and output of our Product Analytics team and enhance the team’s internal processes. The Product Analytics team at Peloton is responsible for helping Product and Design teams make data-driven decisions around high level roadmap and resource allocation, as well as around specifics of feature design and iteration.
The Project Manager, Product Analytics has a strong understanding of the data analysis process, requirements and dependencies of each project, as well as strengths and interests of all Analysts. Thus, the Project Manager is able to optimize the team’s path towards completing projects, mitigate risks, and communicate project outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
This role works collaboratively with Product Analysts, Product Managers, Program Managers, Engineers, UX Designers and various Business and Research stakeholders towards reaching a common goal of delivering actionable insights to Product and Business teams and measuring the impact of Product and Design decisions.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work in a flexible, adaptable, and empathetic way, understanding that each team and individual contributor have their own technical strengths, research interests and unique work styles, and each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- Manage the project intake, assist in scoping, identifying cross-functional dependencies and risks, and prioritize project against other commitments and resource capacity.
- Keep analysts on track towards project milestones with a mindfulness toward dependencies, and facilitate effective communication within and across teams.
- Facilitate product analytics grooming, sprint planning and standups, and assist the team lead with quarterly planning and team roadmap creation.
- Create and maintain documentation around in-flight and completed projects, assist analysts in compiling and distributing research results.
- Select and onboard project management and documentation tools that best fit the team’s needs.
- Attend program management and project status syncs and keep the Product Analytics team abreast of any changes in timelines and milestones, that affect the team’s commitments.
- Build expertise in ongoing analytics implementation and data quality initiatives to eventually become the team’s touchpoint for tech, compliance, and legal teams in relevant matters.
- Have 2+ years working in Project Management within a data, analytics, or research-focused company or team…
- ...or have experience working in a data analyst capacity in a team environment, a track record of delivering complex analytics/research projects, and a desire to transition to the operations side of things.
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of analytics and research processes and deliverables.
- Understand the agile development process.
- Hands on with several project management SaaS and software tools, including JIRA/Confluence, and are able to research, assess and adopt new tools quickly.
- Motivated to continuously seek opportunities to create efficiencies and improve team performance.
- Strong listener: able to deeply understand the team’s needs, ask the right questions to keep a project moving in the right direction, and proactively pursue feedback.
- Organized and detail-oriented: able to track multiple moving workstreams.
- Good communicator: can provide timely and clear project status updates and outcomes to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Bonus: previous exposure to or strong interest in product analytics and/or product operations.
- Bonus: experience working at a medium size or large company with established processes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.