Project Manager, Science & Analytics
CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
Through cutting edge biometrics and advanced Homeland Security certified data algorithms, CLEAR products guarantee identity and protect travelers and sports fans, while speeding them through security.
CLEAR is continuously extending its platform with new innovations, products, and IP. The Science and Analytics team delivers valuable insights to both internal and external partners via its next generation data platform. Leveraging its capabilities, we work alongside partners to best understand their most pressing data needs then build trusted solutions to support them. Sometimes that solution takes the form of an internal BI dashboard, sometimes delivered as a mathematical model in a product feature and yet in other cases we create solutions that give CLEAR differentiated competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We’re seeking a dynamic, smart, attention-to-detail oriented project manager with excellent communication skills to play a critical role in our newly formed team. You will be responsible for coordinating the planning, organization, execution, integration, and completion of data related products and BI projects. You will work closely with the VP of Data Science to organize work streams based on priority. You will play an active part in coordinating and influencing how data science and analytics are leveraged to create business value.
What You Will Do:
- Partnering with the VP of Data Science, you will ensure feature requests and use cases are prioritized into executable Epics and user stories.
- Assume ScrumMaster responsibilities, including prioritizing sprint work, estimating user stories, removing roadblocks for the team, and running other SCRUM events.
- Communicate project status in a timely manner to VP of Data Science.
- Conduct and facilitate project kick-offs, stand-up meetings, team meetings, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Track and manage projects from initiation to successful completion, identify and escalate issues, resolve problems and manage change.
- Work with the VP of Data Science to identify, manage and engage additional external partners.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative, team oriented, intellectually curious environment.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree (required), or Masters or MBA (preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a SaaS related project management environments, adhering to the Agile methodology.
- Certified ScrumMaster qualification is a plus.
- Ideally you are familiar with the Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Experience managing R&D / Data Science projects is highly preferred.
- Strong follow-up, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Relevant experience in a project management role, coordinating cross functional teams, such as Engineering, with multiple stakeholders.
- Highly organized with the ability to organize others around you.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to perform in a dynamic environment and comfort working in ambiguity.
- Strong problem solving skills in both ambiguous and tactical situations and a strong bias for action (i.e., you ask “what can we do?” vs. “can we?”).