Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for a Strategic Initiatives Project Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. This individual will be responsible for supporting strategic projects that are high priority and cross functional. The role will both track and execute on such projects, completing key deadlines and utilizing resources efficiently. This cross functional role will be a key contributor in helping Paxos scale our operations to meet our customer demand.
As a Project Manager, you will get to:
- Serve as a resource to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, COO, or other executive sponsors to spearhead and execute on strategic projects
- Coordinate across teams with various stakeholders to complete complex projects on time
- Partner with executive sponsors to scope project objectives and timeline expectations
- Manage other strategic initiative associates and analysts
- Inventory and track new project requests, and help prioritize them against existing projects
- Provide visibility and clear communications on project status to executive sponsors and stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Escalate and problem solve with executive sponsors when projects are at risk, have roadblocks, or are running long
- Challenge stakeholders where necessary and ensure projects are being completed properly
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 5+ years experience in consulting, project management or strategic initiatives type role
- Ability to manage stakeholders across the organization to drive mission critical projects to completion
- Understanding of how to manage various types of projects from kick-off to completion
- A bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field
You might also have:
- A strong management presence and ability to rally the team around project needs and deadlines
- Ability to get your hands dirty and create leverage on projects by bringing your unique expertise and willingness to learn
- Experience in FinTech or financial services is a plus
- Strong writing capabilities and experience with engaging regulators / auditory examiners a plus
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.