Project Manager, Tech Delivery CX & Experimentation at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
The Technology Project Manager, Direct to Consumer, will be responsible for the successful end-to-end delivery of projects in support of the Peacock streaming product. This position requires strong communication skills and project management expertise. In order to succeed a candidate should exhibit a keen ability to understand technology principles and agile delivery. Also important is the ability to establish and maintain key relationships within business and technology groups, and to interact with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Partner and manage across workstreams to support stakeholder communications & project status
- Partner and manage work with business, product, analytics, & developer workstreams across different verticals to execute technology deliverables
- Partner with other PMO and Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery within business expectations and requirements
- Engage and support stakeholders through plan preparation, status updates, risk planning and objective-based meetings
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies and develop plans to escalate and mitigate them
- Unblock roadblocks and facilitate progress toward feature delivery targets and project/platform OKRs
- Utilize enterprise project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and other applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and best practices
- Support planning activities to deliver maximum business value based on critical program KPIs
- Partner with embedded and tactical PM teams to ensure consistent and accurate project scoping, cost-benefit analysis, and level of effort assessments
- Effectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Partner across the business to identify and secure resources required to execute plans and manage internal and external assigned resources
- Coordinate and manage change control in adherence to PMO standards
- 3+ years' experience leading technology delivery projects, building effective plans, and executing them to completion
- Experience working with Product Management to deliver software features
- Working knowledge of project & program management and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Foundational understanding of software application development and Direct to Consumer infrastructure technologies
- Ability to successfully facilitate delivery of multiple features and projects in parallel and at scale
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum etc)
- Working knowledge of PM and tech working platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and others
- Ability to take complex technology discussions and break them down for non-technical groups
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
- Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with leadership
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
- Ability and willingness to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
- Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Experience within video streaming, media, or telecom technology
- Experience with A/B testing/Experimentation for digital products, such as streaming, e-commerce, etc.
- Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
- Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
- Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
- Experience within streaming, media or telecom technology
- Education within business, engineering or technology or similar expertise or experience
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $120,000 - $150,000, Bonus eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.