At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You know how to drive projects that improve experiences for both customers and employees. You’re comfortable tackling anything from new developments for annual recurring events, to new company-level partner launches. You’re communicative and know how to leverage this skill to keep your team informed and running smoothly.
As a Project Manager, your responsibilities include defining the scope and timeline of the project, preparing for the impact on customers, managing expectations between various stakeholders, and providing full communication and documentation on the project for internal and external audiences. In addition to timely completion, a success component for every project includes the level of support provided to our teams and our customers. In this role, you will work closely with other internal-facing teams such as Customer Support, Customer Success, Product Support, Training, and QA / Coaching, to maximize the understanding of customer needs for each project. This person will also work closely with Sales, Operations, Legal, and Product teams as appropriate for each given project.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Own and lead cross-functional projects, especially those with discreet timing, deadlines, and launch timeframes that affect customers and employees
- Be the primary point of contact for other teams at Justworks as new projects arise, looping in other members of various internal teams as needed to build a project team
- Triage new requests for projects to understand the importance, timing, impact and need for project management leadership and involvement
- Keep the team and related stakeholders up to date on the status of projects
- Lead, publish and share project post-mortems to celebrate wins, identify opportunities for future improvement, and learn from our experiences
- Scale the project management function to meet the needs of the team and the company
- Serve as a key stakeholder in new launches (operational, product, etc.) to determine necessary processes for the team to support the launch
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Project Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years proven applicable experience in a professional environment, ideally in the PEO/HR/benefits space
- Strong understanding and command of formal project management methodologies
- Strong interest in project / program management, preferably in a software development environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively and appropriately
- Ability to take complex things and explain them in an easy to understand and coherent manner
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to use data to support your position
- CAPM or PMP certification highly preferred
- Experience in tech/SaaS is a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment