Project Manager at Haven Technologies
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking an experienced, detailed-oriented project manager to join our dynamic Product Portfolio Management (PPM) team. The goal of the PPM team is to partner with the product and tech teams across our organization to successfully plan, manage, execute, and measure all build activities in a complex Agile environment. This involves working together to develop strategic roadmaps and to deploy resources among competing interests to optimize the value of our SaaS offering. In carrying out this mission, the PPM team may create frameworks, processes and tools as appropriate to enable our organization to most effectively manage the planning and build-out of our technology platform.
The project manager will help define, plan, and manage the roadmap for one or more product and/or tech areas. This role will help prioritize and balance team roadmap initiatives against multiple streams of demands including: business needs of our SaaS clients, key investments we want to make in our platform, trends from the industry at large, evolving regulatory requirements, etc. The project manager will closely monitor projects, help identify dependencies across functional teams and work with these teams to track progress, identify roadblocks, remediate issues and communicate status to stakeholders to ensure our teams deliver our plans successfully.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with product owners and tech leads to develop, update and maintain quarterly roadmaps
- Provide program management for large, complex initiatives that span across multiple functional teams
- Support the project team through:
- Tracking and coordinating work on dependencies within and across teams
- Removing impediments preventing project progress
- Mediating through conflicts
- Helping to facilitate quick decision making
- Help prioritize workload and determine trade-offs of scope/budget/calendar
- Identify and manage dependencies across multiple projects using Agile principles. Communicate key dependencies identified, and resolutions to key issues, and key decisions.
- Ensure project teams maintain adherence to project timelines and requirements.
- Identify key risks and issues and develop mitigation plans. Effectively resolve issues under aggressive timelines while understanding who to bring together to rapidly resolve issues
- Help the team define key project metrics and develop tools to track and report metrics
- Create a community of information sharing on what’s working and challenges within the organization.
- Utilize agile/adaptable delivery method for management of large strategic initiatives and smaller enhancement projects.
- Assess project health, identify key problem areas, and focus resources to turn troubled projects around.
- BS/BA required
- 7+ years of experience managing strategic projects
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Influencing stakeholders who don’t have a direct reporting relationship
- Leading through ambiguity with the ability to get to clarity to provide team clear direction
- Ability to negotiate win-win outcomes
- Bring creative solutions to new or existing challenges
- Championing best practices across the organization
- Experience in working with a consumer start-up a plus
- Prior SaaS experience is a plus
- This position is based out of our Manhattan, NY office.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (#2 Best Places to Work in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.