This Project Manager will lead the Operations technical teams with a focus guiding new through the manufacturing process and out to market. A successful Project Manager will partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain; has strong communication and presentation skills; and has a strong technical and project management background. Additional responsibilities include daily monitoring of manufacturing at CM, reviewing key performance indicators and driving process, quality and delivery issues to resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps.
- Engage design engineers and manufacturing team from design and prototype development through product launch to ensure schedule, cost and quality objectives are met.
- Drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations and contract manufacturing (CM) teams. Planning capacity and manage factory equipment budget.
- Collaborate with CM and Engineering teams in developing detailed manufacturing and validation plans to meet Engineering build and launch goals.
- Develop test strategies, processes and detailed documented procedures to ensure quality and efficient manufacturing processes to enable delivery of a mature product and manufacturing process into mass production
- Lead test engineers to create tools necessary to support manufacturing goals for cycle time, data tracking and report generation.
- Develop and track schedules, cost (component and system costs), task duration and level of effort for large Operations and NPI projects.
- Develop key performance indicators, service level agreements and track to those metrics.
- Execute design for manufacturability (DFM) studies and influence Product Design to improve manufacturability for yield and reliability.
- Manage regular monitoring/reporting and reviews of project objectives, schedules and achievement of key milestones as required, both upward and downward through the organization.
- Manage key vendor relationships.
- A B.S. in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of practical and theoretical project management principles, practices and procedures.
- Experience driving engineering requirements at vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Manufacturing experience in developing processes to scale new products.
- Understand common manufacturing techniques and mechanical components.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Project Management certification
- Solidworks or AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone, so we make the 3D printing tools that make your ideas matter. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, we offer the industry’s most reliable and easy-to-use desktop 3D printers. MakerBot solutions go beyond just hardware and software and include hundreds of lesson plans for educators, unrivaled Brooklyn-based support experts, and Thingiverse – the world’s largest 3D printing file library and community.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.