About the Role
WeWork is looking for an experienced Project Manager to own Technology development initiatives related to our Global Expansion efforts. As we continue to expand into new markets, we are developing localized tools, processes, features, and functionality that are required to do business in each new region. You lead the projects dedicated to meeting these localized needs. The role requires excellent project management, communication, issue resolution and organization skills. You should be able to anticipate, identify, and communicate risks to key stakeholders and members of the senior leadership team.
The person in this role will be responsible for scoping, creating project plans, developing processes, driving execution, identify and resolving issues, and communicating to partners on status, risks, and changes. You must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, support multiple work streams, and have strong meeting facilitation skills. You should also have prior experience managing projects involving launching application and platforms in global markets and with a strong understanding of localization needs.
- As the Technology Project Manager for projects related to entering new global markets
- Develop multiple detailed project plans and roadmaps for each project and manage simultaneously
- Act as single point of contact for each project on schedule, cost, and scope
- Understand the needs of partners and structure the project to meet those needs
- Lead consensus building on process, scope, and execution
- Establish an execute against a communication plan
- Identify and resolve issues, especially those involving multiple teams
- Establish and track to achievements and delivery dates
- Measure improvements and impact of changes
- Ensure dependencies across teams are identified and tracked
- Lead change control as requirements and priorities shift through planning and execution
- Manage and influence multiple partners in order to drive execution of product roadmap process
- Partner with other teams to source, allocate and coordinate resources
- Create and handle reporting of status and progress to key partners
- Understand the specific needs of each new market to ensure the team is focused on the right priorities
- Create new processes to ensure goals are met and the team is working as efficiently as possible
- Identify issues with existing processes and develop new approaches to improve them
- Some international travel may be necessary, <10%
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Experience managing projects in global markets
- Experience in a technology product environment with a detailed understanding of the software development process
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in priority and quickly figure out necessary adjustments in process and plans
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing workstreams and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Proven experience managing projects, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Experience bringing software or online products to market
- Extensive experience using agile methodologies
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Smartsheet, MS Project, Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- Agency or consulting experience as a Project Manager in a matrixed environment a plus
- Experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- Experience using tools to capture user stories, test cases, sign-offs, etc. JIRA is helpful.
- Experience with Scaled Agile methodologies
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.