Project Manager at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Project Manager will partner with the technology team, sales operations team, business leaders, and business process owners to help design and provide internal sales and customer systems and services. The role will assist with all operations related to analysis, process oversight and changes, and project management. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally with multiple departments including sales, marketing, finance, product development and IT, as well as partner with outside consultants.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Create and manage project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects while also ensuring that project gates and governance are properly adhered to during the execution of the project.
- Track utilization of project resources and manage this against the resource allocation and budget
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, prioritizing, documentation and status updates for the project.
- Able to manage one or two large projects or a couple of small to medium sized interrelated projects requiring complex cross-functional collaboration and management at the program level
- During the course of a project, be the primary customer interface and perform project management activities that ensure adherence to Salesforce methodology and project gates and governance
- Adopt a standardized development lifecycle methodology for all projects
- Facilitate daily stand up sessions with the delivery team
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- As necessary, write and review QA and UAT test scripts
- Manage UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with client project stakeholders by assisting Program Manager with vision and future product road-mapping
- Have difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline and formally capture and communicate outcomes of those meetings
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Project Management Role in positions with responsibility in the delivery of systems and integrations.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator Certification and/or willingness to obtain required.
- Other Salesforce Certifications (Sales, Service, Marketing, etc.) preferred but not necessary
- Agile SCRUM Master Certification a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Implementing enterprise-scale software solutions. CRM and Salesforce.com implementation experience preferred
- Experience with business process expertise around Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Demonstrated negotiation, conflict management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to weigh business and technical requirements to produce project plans and estimates
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.