IEX is looking for a driven and experienced Project Manager to guide the development and deployment of mission-critical products.
You will create and execute processes to streamline workflows and minimize friction for the development team. You will track and stabilize critical projects, resolve roadblocks, and anticipate the team’s needs to enable IEX’s engineers to focus on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve.
You will collaborate extensively with Engineering, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, and Executives to ensure that IEX’s highest-priority projects produce industry-transforming results.
Your work will be varied based on IEX’s changing needs; at times, you will be enlisted to manage a complex development pipeline, coordinate engineering work and schedules, and contribute to internal and external inquiries as a subject matter expert. This position requires a versatile combination of project management, process optimization, and some product execution skills (such as creating or maintaining documentation).
In any capacity, you are above all else a leader who does whatever it takes to fix tough problems with order and integrity.
- Highly organized and proficient in project-related work
- Highly adaptable to work seamlessly across functions, including some product management responsibilities
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and systems
- Team player who can motivate colleagues to achieve great results
What you’ll do:
- Work with leadership to facilitate formulation of new business ideas and functionality and document the functional and technical requirements of new products
- Create and track schedules for a multitude of deliverables, funneling all data into the strategic road map
- Work with other project managers to ensure smooth transitions between delivery teams
- Capture and prioritize backlog of business goals, features, and technology enhancements
- Communicate to the management team and various levels of the organization around project status, risks, issues, actions, and dependencies
- Promote adherence to strict compliance policies and software development procedures
- Curate and maintain IEX’s software development life cycle
- Work with Marketing and Operations to prepare externally facing documents and communications, including periodic reporting and notifications to institutional investors and brokers
- Collect input from key industry participants to ensure seamless operation of IEX’s platform (e.g. trading alerts, regulatory notices, exchange rule filings, etc.)
- Provide input into daily operation of the platform, including customer support, event management, emergency response, industry participation (e.g., working groups, market presentations, NMS Plan Committees, SEC and FINRA)
- 5+ years’ experience in project management role, ideally at a broker-dealer, financial vendor, or an exchange
- Agile product management experience
- Experience with Atlassian toolset
- Excellent communication skills – strong technical writing experience is necessary
- Understanding of regulatory requirements relating to data and information retention, management, and security
- Familiarity with Regulation NMS is a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.