Property Transition Manager at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
CCPA Disclosure Notice Here
About the Role
Common is seeking a Transition Manager, reporting to our Manager of Implementation, who will play an integral part of achieving key objectives for the Company. This person will be responsible for driving property management transitions through process implementation, project management, team training and property due diligence.
- Act as the interim property manager for new Common homes through the transition period
- Ensure a smooth management transition for new homes
- Develop processes to ensure policies and procedures are properly utilized
- Provide training and support to on-site and central team members
- Researches and selects competitive vendors as needed
- Works in conjunction with our Marketing and Sales Team to assist in preparation of marketing and leasing plans
- Ensure that all tasks related to onboarding of property transitions are completed in a timely manner to ensure the successful opening of our homes
- Complete due diligence for stabilized property transitions
- Suggest process improvements to the current onboarding process
- Audit lease files and vendor contracts
- Communicate with real estate partners regarding home opening progress
- Other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs
- 5+ years of experience in property management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Real Estate License or property management certification preferred
- Experience with property management and CRM software
- Ability to travel up to one month at a time, and as needed, based on business needs
- Proven abilities in leadership, training, supervision and decision-making.
- Demonstrated success and experience working with a growing team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and record keeping skills
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.