About the Team
The Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of development from ideation through production. The team leads the company’s largest product initiatives through the creation, development, and testing of innovative, high-quality goods that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
R&D is looking for a Program Manager to join our team to help create and deliver innovative and performance driven grooming products. As a R&D program manager you’ll lead cross-functional workstreams and teams at all levels through thoughtful planning, execution, and support from concept through launch.
We seek a strong team player who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment and has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple work streams often with competing priorities. R&D program managers should have a desire and aptitude to dive deep into the details of the development process and drive teams to bring amazing products to life. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 25%).
The R&D Program Manager is a key cross-functional partner with Advanced Manufacturing, Product Design, Quality, Product Research (consumer insights), Operations and Marketing. As a team, interaction at Harry’s center around four values:
- We encourage questions, sharing expertise and constant learning to improve ourselves, our company, our industry and our customer’s experiences.
- We always expect direct, honest, and supportive communication. We tell it like it is without blame and see every interaction as an opportunity to grow together.
- Each of us is a humble, hardworking human who always gives more than what’s expected because we care so deeply. We work, have fun, endure lows, and celebrate highs as a team.
- We critically question conventional wisdom in search of the best path. Harry’s was founded as a better alternative. We pursue the charted and uncharted and take smart risks. We’re always game for a challenge. Plus, making something better is exciting!
What you will Accomplish:
- New Technology Exploration:
- Drive R&D Programs- supports cross-functional initiatives to define next generation technologies for our core IP across hard product categories
- Work directly with technical manufacturing teams to scale automation and advanced technologies.
- Support implementation of new quality systems & processes to aid high-volume manufacturing, capacity expansion work and productivity improvements.
- Provide project leadership and communicate, in partnership with cross-functional teams, updates across technical teams and to senior management
- Lead New Product Launches:
- Lead cross-functional project teams (including R&D, supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales and marketing) from concept to launch and ensure on time delivery of high-quality products at scale
- Work with suppliers to design, prototype, and develop innovative new products - travel to manufacturing locations as needed
- Track deliverables, manage development timelines and risk mitigation and facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a program
- Develop Product Expertise: Dive deep into the category and develop thorough technical knowledge on shaving
- Travel up to 25% (once it’s safe to do so)
This should describe you:
- Technical Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or comparable technical disciplines) with direct engineering and/or manufacturing experience and 2-5 years in a highly technical role. Experience with molding, plastics, and/or high-volume CPG manufacturing a plus.
- Proactive self-starter: Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and operate with limited oversight.
- Strong communicator: Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors. Know-how and confidence presenting to senior leadership in an effective manner. Able to communicate to both highly technical teams and teams without a technical background.
- Extremely organized: Detail and process oriented with an ability to relentlessly follow up.
- Resilient: A “no task too small” mentality with an eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise. Ability to pivot with the shifting needs of the business.
- Creative: Ability to be a thought partner for development teams on new products or processes.
- Flexible: Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international.
- Humble: A great attitude and sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Technical Program Management Lead
- Will work cross functionally with Engineering Implementation, Automation Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality, Product Research, Manufacturing, Operations and Supply Chain, Legal, and Third Party Suppliers.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.