Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Regional System Integrators Manager is a full-time role and will report to the Global Director of Strategic Partnerships and work collaboratively with the entire Alliances team and cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and legal. The role will include a moderate amount of travel, expected to be about 25% to work with regional partners and support go-to-market campaigns and events.
Our ideal candidate will possess expertise in the world of partnerships and cloud solutions and will have a practical understanding of working with systems integrators. They will have demonstrated capabilities in business development and partnership formation, can think strategically, and help build compelling value propositions for our partners and OwnBackup.
A candidate who will be successful must balance strategic-thinking with tactical execution; build effective and enduring partner relationships, drive highly cross-functional processes, possess a sound technical understanding of OwnBackup’s technology, and have an appreciation of our partners’ strengths.
This individual will take the initiative to drive new partnership formation and work collaboratively with partners and the sales function to drive pipeline. The successful manager will drive end-to-end execution: everything from identifying use cases/sales plays for OwnBackup and our partners, to working with solution engineers to enable account executives to be successful in working with partners, to helping educate partners about our products, to designing demand generation and go-to-market campaigns teaming with marketing, tracking progress, and measuring success. You will be the business owner for multiple go-to-market initiatives you will manage.
This candidate must be a self-starter, passionate about achieving success through teamwork and collaboration. She/he needs to have demonstrated the ability to identify go-to-market collaboration opportunities and articulate how the partner and OwnBackup can achieve success together. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to lay out a go-to-market plan, articulate the benefits and value, and put metrics in place to measure its success.
This role will have high visibility within the OwnBackup Sales team and externally with some of our highest priority systems integration partners.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Help grow and scale our go-to-market partnerships with Salesforce’s most strategic, regional systems integrators
- Increase OwnBackup’s Annual Contract Value (ACV) influenced by our Strategic Partners
- Work with the Alliances team to support strategy development, stakeholder engagement plans, joint offering development, tactical execution and alignment of go-to-market functions
- Collaborate with Product & Alliance Marketing to create the required collateral and campaigns to support go-to-market initiatives
- Be knowledgeable of our Strategic Partners’ differentiated offerings and value
- Work closely with the entire Alliances team to drive collaboration across our ecosystem of partners
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports and dashboards
- 5+ years work experience with some experience managing systems integrators (or working at one), business development or other deal-oriented role
- Software industry domain expertise (preferably SaaS) and the ability to understand complex technology problems
- Previous background in Partner Alliance Management
- Strategic thinker who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (both internally and with partners),collaborating and influencing others
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in both business and technical discussions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and high-growth environment
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience with Salesforce (or Salesforce’s ecosystem) is a strong plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.