Release Manager at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Role: Release Manager
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated, hands-on individual that is experienced, hungry, and eager to lead our Release Management practice. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in an exciting and growing industry. This person plays an integral role in strategizing, implementing and executing build management and release processes for all products. They will help in defining and maintaining procedures and tools that are used to deliver releases in a repeatable and scalable manner. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders across the entire business. They must be outstanding communicators and bridge-builders across different parts of the engineering organization. You’ll put your experience to work improving our CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines, and helping development teams design and implement their solutions. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City or Portland, Oregon.
- Plan and facilitate the release windows and cycles across a number of different Gemini product lines
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress of development and QA testing to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct release readiness reviews, post-mortems, milestone reviews, and business red light / green light reviews
- Communicate release details and schedules to different teams as required
- Work with engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and coordinate Go-Live activities, including the execution of deployment plans and checklists.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Maintain an auditable release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to our current needs
- 4+ years of previous release management experience
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills with a strong sense of ownership
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Exposure to orchestration and configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards strong deployment cycles
- Ability to write code in scripting languages or build tools to use for automation purposes
- Exposure to cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud security
- Solid experience with project management principles
- Experience working with functional programming languages like Scala
- Experience converting manually provisioned infrastructure to Infra-as-Code.
- Understanding of integrating HSMs and building NIST compliant infrastructure.
- Exposure to common security engineering tools (Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.)
- Experience working with Linux based systems
- Working knowledge of host and network security
- Ability to work as part of a growing team and the desire to learn and participate in projects outside one’s comfort zone.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Crypto/Blockchain products & industry
- Experience with build tools like SBT, Bazel, Maven or Gradle
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.