Retirement Plan Specialist
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about adding a Retirement Plan Operations Specialist to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone to lead our effort to onboard and convert retirement plans to the Vestwell platform. Ideally, you have spent 3+ years working with advisors, sponsors, record-keepers and/or TPAs doing plan designs and managing the conversion and onboarding process.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings includes effortless plan onboarding. As a Plan Operations Specialist you will work with our Client Success team, as well as Advisors and Sponsors with their plan design, ensuring all plan protective features are fulfilled, and facilitate and monitor the conversion process.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the onboarding process and successfully transition new plans
- Coordinate with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior record keepers, and/or third party administrators to determine conversion timeline and action items with delivery dates for all parties
- Manage client expectations alongside our Client Success team to avoid any disconnects with process and timing standards
- Lead the plan design process to ensure plan features are in line with the sponsor's expectations
- Conduct bulk plan conversions in coordination with our partners and clients
- Proactively communicate onboarding status to our Client Success team
- Lead and/or attend scheduled client conference calls to provide plan status and updates to implementation process
- Support the creation and maintenance of the wiki and knowledge-base
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years retirement plan experience including Plan Administration, Plan Designs, Compliance, and Conversions for 401(k) and/or 403(b) plans
- Experience educating plan sponsors on fiduciary duties, assist plan sponsors with understanding compliance testing /results and educate plan sponsors on legislative issues / plan design
- Successfully facilitating plan conversions and deconversions, by serving as a liaison between third party administrator, recordkeeper, advisor, and client on multiple external recordkeeping platforms
- Proficiency is required with G-suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations
- Self-starter and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of one or more record-keeping systems like SunGard Relius
- Series 65 license
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA)
- Basic SQL
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!