Scrum Master I - Unified Data Fabric at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
We are excited to recruit a Scrum Master to join the Enterprise Data Group to advise and lead our team on agile values, practices, and processes; ensuring the agile squad is fully functional, productive, and focused on sprint goal(s). Your role will be crucial in removing impediments, managing risk, and driving relentless improvement.
About us - Enterprise Data Group:
We develop and maintain one of the most robust oncology data ecosystems in all of healthcare. The integration of clinical, genomic, operational, and financial datasets has led to countless insights, but we are just beginning to capture the full value of our unstructured, streaming, and imaging data, by way of creating a unique and unprecedented healthcare data platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices to achieve great CX
- Facilitate Scrum team ceremonies such as backlog refinement, stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives; providing support & education where needed
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization and to achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Shield the scrum team from outside distractions & interferences + track & remove impediments
- Coordinates scrum team meeting logistics and ensures and all agile meetings are held with all team members present; facilitates sprint retrospective + creation/maintenance of agenda for daily stand-ups
- Keeps squad focused on definition of product readiness/completeness & flow of task delivery
- Assists the team's progress in achieving their commitments through strong issue, risk and dependency management
- Collaborates with outside partners, including vendors and other Scrum teams for delivering, resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization
- Plan to raise roadblocks for removal or escalation
- Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team and leadership
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred & 2+ yrs of experience as scrum master
- Provides support using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification
- Experience with other Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
- Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, JIRA, CA Rally, Confluence/SharePoint, etc.
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
MSK has been named a Best Place to Work in IT by Insider Pro & Computerworld, for the 2nd year in a row.
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.