At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are excited to kick-start recruitment for Scrum Masters across our Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization. Every scrum master will support a Platform team to advise and lead our team on agile values, practices, and processes; ensuring the agile squad is fully functional, productive, and focused on sprint goal(s). Your role will be crucial in removing impediments, managing risk, and driving relentless improvement. Additionally, you'll take on the role of Servant Leader to help build high-performing Agile Teams.
We're hiring for the following Platform(s):
MSK has committed to transforming itself into a digital organization. To help advance the transformation, MSK has committed to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as a method of managing technology work. Within MSK’s adoption of SAFe, the Division of Health Informatics (DHI) provides product management services. MSK has identified a set of high priority platforms that it will be creating to advance its digital transformation.
MSK has committed to transforming itself into a digital organization. To help advance the transformation, MSK has committed to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as a method of managing technology work. As part of our digital transformation, MSK has identified a set of high priority platforms that it will be creating to advance its digital transformation. One of these high priority platforms is the Clinical and Logistics Platform, which is part of MSK’s digital ecosystem. The focus of the Clinical and Logistics Platform is to enable our Care Teams and Health Care Providers with a pre-integrated platform comprising of all our clinical, logistics, and communication systems. We aim to provide a world-class user experience, reduce friction and burnout to our Care Teams, and empower the Care Team members to provide the best Patient Experience.
Clinical & Logistics Platform
The focus of the Clinical and Logistics Platform is to enable our Care Teams and Health Care Providers with a pre-integrated platform comprising of all our clinical, logistics, and communication systems. We aim to provide a world-class user experience, reduce friction and burnout to our Care Teams, and empower the Care Team members to provide the best Patient Experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum/XP practices to achieve great customer experience
- Facilitate Scrum team ceremonies such as backlog refinement, stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives; provide support & education where needed
- Lead 1 to 2 Agile teams in self-organization and to achieve higher levels of team maturity
- Shield the Scrum team from outside distractions & interferences; track & report impediments
- Coordinate Scrum team meeting logistics and ensure and all agile meetings are held with all team members present; facilitates sprint retrospective + creation/maintenance of agenda for daily stand-ups
- Keep squad focused on definition of product readiness/completeness & flow of task delivery
- Assist the team’s progress in achieving their commitments through strong issue, risk and dependency management
- Collaborate with outside partners, including vendors and other Scrum teams for delivering, resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization
- Plan to escalate roadblocks to the team’s progress as appropriate
- Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team and leadership
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; 2+ years of experience as Scrum master
- Provides support using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification
- Experience with other Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
- Exposure to project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, CA Rally, Confluence, Jira Align, and CollabOne
- Understanding of different types of software testing processes, technologies, and software development methodologies a strong plus
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.