Security Program Lead
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Security Program Lead
Gemini is looking for a Security Program Lead to join our growing information security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) and assist in the creation and execution of an overall security strategy and supporting projects, facilitate cross functional communication and projects among varying security teams, and champion our security culture by engaging with our customers.
- Assist in the creation and execution of the security team’s overall vision and strategy;
- Manage the security team’s portfolio of projects;
- Continuously identify challenges that inhibit team performance and execute on improvements;
- Facilitate organizational training, including both company-wide and more targeted (e.g. engineering) education programs; and
- Develop and track key security metrics to ensure the health of the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies;
- Familiar with common technologies and security architecture principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers; and
- Team player required. Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive team experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Certification in an Agile development methodology; and
- Experience in the financial services industry.