Security Project and Program Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Associate, Security Project and Program Manager
The Security team at Gemini is growing and needs a detail-oriented project and program manager, reporting into the Security Program Lead. You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all phases of a Security project life-cycle, including requirements gathering and analysis, planning, design, development, testing, and implementation.
In this role, you’ll manage the day-to-day operations of the 5 sub-teams within Security, build and maintain a high level security roadmap, and also build out new programs like a metrics program. This role is all about organization and communication, and will rely on you to use best practices in project management methodologies.
- Partner across the Security organization to provide high value portfolio, program and project management support for critical programs, including creation of detailed project plans
- Manage all aspects of project life cycle delivery from initiation through completion
- Develop and track key critical metrics across the team for strategic goals and accomplishments
- Develop and encourage business transformation efforts
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence
- Take initiative and provide leadership in solving problems, improving processes, and providing a better experience for the business
- 3-5+ years of experience in project management, technical and security background is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills to foster respect and teamwork with internal and external partners
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn, be hands on technically, and creative with problem solving
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.