Senior Associate, Care Management
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country. Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As a member of the Cityblock Clinical Delivery Services (CDS) Group, the Senior Associate, Care Management contributes to teams that span all functional areas and markets to build new operating model capabilities and serve our members’ needs as the organization grows to serve more members, new partners and new geographies.
This individual will primarily be responsible for supporting all care management delegated activities across markets. This person learns quickly, takes initiative, owns large work streams, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members.
In this role, you will support Cityblock in successfully implementing large care management-related projects and your responsibilities, among others, will include work stream and project management, work plan design, workgroup facilitation, and stakeholder engagement. The focus of these projects will span the entire organization, from new market launch to new clinical programs development to core operations performance improvement. It is an opportunity to learn the Cityblock operating model from the ground up and contribute to building a leading clinical model that delivers excellent health outcomes and high quality and lower cost.
If you are someone who likes both building and delivering on high-impact and high-visibility regulatory projects, both internally and with our partners, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Stand up and support key care management delegation functions across markets, including:
- Supporting upfront delegation efforts.
- Writing and optimizing operations policy and workflows.
- Leading tests to drive policy and guideline change and optimization over time.
- Rolling out new models of care with local market teams.
- Stay on top of key regulatory changes and roll-out associated quality improvement initiatives.
- Manage monitoring and reporting of key Care Management metrics across markets internally and with partners.
- Run documentation review and iterate on best practices workflows across markets to prepare for external partner audit.
- Collaborate with internal teams across training, product, and data to refine processes and develop appropriate supporting tools.
- Coordinate and facilitate workgroup meetings across a variety of disciplines aimed at advancing and tracking progress on key deliverables.
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in healthcare management consulting or similar large-scale initiatives management experience
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- Are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Are very comfortable with project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with care management delegation or similar accredited activities in a highly regulated space
- Similar project/program management experience within a top consulting firm, private equity firm, innovative care delivery organization, or high growth medical group or health system
- Experience in a high growth technology company
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.