Senior Associate, Credentialing at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented Senior Associate, Credentialing to help manage licensure and credentialing for our clinicians (MD, NP, PA, RN, LCSW, PharmD) as we scale. You’ll work closely with our Care Delivery Services, Market Clinical Operations, People Ops, and Compliance teams to manage a best-in-class credentialing function at Cityblock. This is an exceptional opportunity for a process-oriented, hungry self-starter who is interested in a cross-functional role at a young, rapidly scaling organization.
- Fully manage and run our licensing and credentialing program and optimize where opportunities exist.
- Provide introductions to new providers and work closely with them to support the credentialing application process
- Maintain record of current state licensure, DEA certification, malpractice coverage, and other required credentialing documentation and expiration dates for all providers
- Project manage renewal process for all provider licensing and credentialing
- Work with new providers to establish licensure and work through the credentialing process with our health plan partners
- Serve as a point person to health plan partners to process, update, and manage credentialing submission and recredentialing needs
- Lead efforts around building in-house credentialing functions, as applicable
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong ability to quickly build relationships and trust with our clinical team
- You have 3-5 years of credentialing experience
- Strong knowledge of NCQA credentialing requirements and certified programs
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You don’t let details pass you by -- deeply detail oriented
How We Define Success:
- Seamless and organized management of all provider licensing, credentialing, and malpractice
- Structure in place for timely credentialing processing, communications, and tracking mechanism to position Cityblock for delegated credentialing over time
- Start-to-end workflows being executed accurately and expeditiously for credentialing process across all markets
- Strong, trusting relationships built with partner counterparts
- Exceptional provider experience with Cityblock onboarding, licensing needs, and credentialing process
- Identification of necessary external systems required for comprehensive credentialing function
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Licensed Notary Public
- Experience working with Medicaid and Medicare plans
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.