About the Team
You would be working within the global distribution and logistics team and reporting to the manager of global logistics. The global distribution and logistics team oversees the final stages of the supply chain to move products from our suppliers to our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible. Our customers span across direct-to-consumer, retail, grocery and drug business. You will build cross functional relationships to understand growing business needs as it relates to logistics, which will include logistics systems, import/export freight, domestic freight forwarding, customs compliance and parcel shipping. You’ll manage logistics performance and spend and communicate regular business reporting to partnered internal teams (R&D, commercial team, finance, sourcing, S&OP, accounting, customer service, etc). You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in short and long term projects that drive value back into the business and the customer.
About the Role
You would bring your transportation expertise to help develop our transportation/logistics capability. You will help craft dynamic logistics solutions to support all facets of the Harry’s business. You’ll be able to identify and size opportunities and risks. You’ll serve as the subject matter expert about questions on transportation for your respective area(s). Last, but not least, you will help troubleshoot transportation situations that require escalation internally and externally. The role will exercise all areas of your skillset; operational, analytics & reporting, soft skills, project management, risk assessment, etc!
What you will accomplish:
- Build, implement and scale logistics solutions and systems to support commercial plans
- Manage logistics vendor performance and spend strategically and effectively (i.e. Pricing negotiations, scorecarding, KPIs, SLAs, etc)
- Manage on-boarding/off-boarding carriers within an evolving supplier network (Contract negotiations, RFPs, vendor management, etc)
- Comprehend, analyze, forecast and manage your respective logistics budget & performance
- Develops effective & meaningful internal logistics business reporting & KPIs
- Assess ongoing business needs across all transport modes for your respective area
- Participate in cross-functional projects, prioritize tasks, schedule and track project assignments, and provide the appropriate guidance to cross-functional team members as it relates to optimizing our supply chain network
- Plan, organize, execute and measure logistics projects while ensuring target dates are aligned and met.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for respective area and help troubleshoot logistics issues
This should describe you:
- You have 2-3 years of experience with customer facing logistics (Strategic LTL/TL relationships, DTC parcel strategy, cross border shipping,etc)
- You have experience with managing logistics KPIs & SLAs and vendor management
- You’re comfortable with developing meaningful business reporting
- You have strong business acumen and understand how logistics’ impacts the financial aspects of the business
- You can identify process improvement opportunities and make tangible recommendations
- You are excited about logistics and continue to build your logistics knowledge
- You can foster relationships in a growing team
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- You are skilled with Microsoft office (Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, Doc)
- You have past experience with distribution and logistics systems (i.e. Transportation Management System(TMS), Carrier Management System (CMS). Order Management System (OMS), Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), Warehouse Management System (WMS))
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Global Logistics Manager
- Working in Global Distribution & Logistics
- Work cross-functionally with
- Supply Chain (Demand & Supply Planning, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, revenue protection)
- Finance & Accounting
- Commercial (DTC, Mass Retail, Drug, Grocery & Specialty)
- R&D & Marketing
- IT Systems
- Engineering (Services, Data)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.