Senior Associate, M&A Integration
The Corporate Development team is seeking a Senior Integration Associate to join our growing team which addresses the key strategic areas of inorganic growth for Squarespace. This individual is responsible for building the company’s integration practice, including driving the pre-merger integration, planning, and post-merger execution, to help achieve deal rationale, value drivers, and synergies. The Senior Associate will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction and future of Squarespace’s acquisition portfolio.
This role ranges from implementing actionable plans to achieving transaction objectives, to diving deep on tactical aspects in need of attention. You will partner cross-functionally to build and execute the integration strategy for all of Squarespace’s acquisitions, working with stakeholders across product development, security, GRC, HR, tax, legal, finance, accounting, and communications. This role reports into the Corporate Development Lead in New York.
- Drives the overall integration strategy and planning process with functional leaders, and program management resources
- Participate in early due diligence for acquisitions to understand the strategic objectives and provide early indicators on integration planning and risks
- Create a comprehensive project plan which includes all workstream and functional team tasks to achieve the success milestones, managing the day-to-day integration efforts
- Define, track, and communicate appropriate performance measurements to project team and stakeholders, holding cross functional teams accountable for deliverables and quickly identifying and escalating issues
- Potentially manage multiple acquisition integration projects simultaneously.
- Participate in continuous improvements and best practices, ultimately to develop a playbook for the long-term integration practice at Squarespace
- 4-6 years experience of cross-functional project experience, with at least 3 years of M&A experience, including active integration involvement
- Worked with technology companies, preferably software, SaaS, and/or consumer Internet
- Good working knowledge of key business processes (i.e. product development, go-to-market, order to RevRec, employee onboarding, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail, project management, and cross-functional leadership skills
- Effective and collaborative communication and writing skills, with the ability to customize approach for various audiences
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, high integrity, team player, and strong work ethic
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.