Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a customer centric, systems-thinker who will identify and execute projects to improve the customer experience. You will act as a thought partner to cross-functional teams to build out a strategy for a customer segment. You will also work in close collaboration with our product team to improve the product based on analysis of customer segmentation. The right person for this role has a bias for action, is process-oriented, and obsessed with customer experience when driving change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage data to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with appropriate teams to execute against these opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis on issues that arise to determine how operational processes can be improved in the future specific to customer needs
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing processes for our global operations teams that improves customer experience
- Audit existing processes to ensure they are working properly as our business evolves
- You have at least 2-3+ years of management consulting experience
- Plus for startup experience
- Plus for customer service industry experience
- Plus for corporate strategy, operations, or related experiences
- You are maniacal about improving the customer experience
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You are an upstream thinker focused on reducing issues before they even arise
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills to drive change
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Economics / Engineering, or other quantitative fields
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.