Senior Capacity Planner at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about connecting the dots and using data to solve complex capacity planning problems.
We are looking for a Senior Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Snr. Manager of Capacity Planning & Supply Chain, the Senior Capacity Planner will drive server deployments, run forecasting models and enhance operational efficiency as new product and hardware architecture initiatives are rolled out.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating the Plan of Record using modeling tools developed in-house to find the right balance between data center resources and investment to meet revenue producing demand forecasts
- Helping build capacity planning tools and working with cross-functional teams to simulate server reservations based on demand forecasting
- Ensuring capacity constraints and assumptions are identified, tracked and communicated
- Partnering with Product Management and Marketing to prioritize server builds across the global infrastructure
- Working with Finance to build and track Capital Expenditures budgets and approvals
- Developing data pipeline requirements with Data Analytics team to support historical data tracking, dashboard & report creation, key metrics, and daily demand analysis across product lines
- Analyzing how hardware architecture and product changes impact capacity and provide feedback to teams and upper level management
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, and engineering teams to discover resolutions
- Evaluating the efficiencies of systems, such as the processes for packing virtual machines into hypervisors.
- You have a background in performance management, systems administration or capacity planning.
- You use data to make your points and are adept at making clear arguments based on data.
- You have experience communicating and collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, sales, finance and program management.
- You have a demonstrated track record driving worldwide scale server deployments.
- You have experience with programming in Python, Perl, R or Julia with a data science emphasis.
- Linear Programming optimization experience is desirable.
- You are well versed with data structures, using Excel and SQL, to build reports and make recommendations.
- You work well on a team that includes capacity planners and analysts working cooperatively.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!