The Senior Creative Project Manager II reports to the Associate Director of Creative Project Management in New York, with a dotted line to the team’s Associate Creative Director. The role supports the Global Packaging Design team, which also includes merchandise and documentation design. This person is responsible for managing project intake for all things Hardware Product Packaging and in-box Documentation, as well as managing a Creative Project Manager whose focus is Brand Packaging/Merchandise and all Product Documentation that is not part of a packaging experience. High-level responsibilities include detailed project planning, resourcing, forecasting, stakeholder communication, overall project oversight, and day-to-day management of a direct report. A successful Senior Creative Project Manager II at Peloton will have a strong sense of and be confident in how PM functions, and also have intimate knowledge of the physical product and package development lifecycle. Ultimately, the Senior Creative Project Manager II will be responsible to ensure the best product is delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Own project intake and manage creative packaging deliverables through concept, design intent and development, design to cost analysis, pre-production and mass production
- Manage the Hardware Product Packaging Design team workflow, partnering closely with Package Engineering, Sourcing, Hardware, Operations/Logistics and Marketing
- Work in tandem with Engineering and Operations Program Management to map packaging design deliverables to the Hardware product development process
- Continuously work to optimize and streamline the end-to-end packaging design process with mindfulness to scalability
- Assist the design team in gathering necessary cross-functional assets including product drawings/samples and all packaging artwork content (photography, copy, dielines, SKU/barcode, etc)
- Assist ACD to manage team resourcing and forecast allocation; know what is coming down the pipeline and plan accordingly
- Consistent communication with all team members, from core team to stakeholders, management and beyond. Includes representing the Global Packaging Design team in, and clearly communicating status of projects in cross-functional meetings.
- Ability to push back, even on more senior members of the team, in order to stay on track
- Ensure projects are scoped and defined clearly, with agreed upon timing and budget
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to plan 6, 12 and 18 months out
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize each accordingly
- Manage communication with external vendors, both domestic and international
- Manage and mentor direct report, by providing the tools, knowledge and support needed to ensure their individual success, as well as establish a consistent approach to Project Management across the Global Packaging Design function
- Work collaboratively with other Creative PMs to identify and track dependencies
- Celebrate wins and be an evangelist for the creative team
- Foster increased collaboration with key departments
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 6 Years of Project Management (or similar) experience; some, if not all, supporting a design team
- Experience overseeing the packaging design and development process from concept through execution, including supplier communication and management
- Understanding of structural design, printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Strong organizational skill-set with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experienced leadership skills, having managed a Junior PM prior
- Capacity to look at work in larger view from both a strategic and creative standpoint
- Proactively develop initiatives that will improve the department, the work, and the company as a whole
- Fully autonomous workflow aside from general updates to Associate Director of Creative Operations
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.