Senior Design Program Manager at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Design Program Manager (DPM) to lead design programs that empower craft, methods, and processes to optimize design output. The senior DPM leads design teams and partners with design managers to push design forward. You'll work with product managers, designers, content strategists, user researchers, engineers, and technical program management to understand, plan, and support product goals. You will report to the Head of Design Program Management.
- Own and manage design projects from briefing to release and refine as the team continues to grow.
- Guide design scoping, timelines, and delivery in collaboration with product teams to hit brief goals.
- Manage design reviews and route through the product team and executive leadership for approvals at every checkpoint in the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and technical program management to provide a smooth creative and development process.
- Guide and document design feedback and identify opportunities to maximize design output.
- Maintain design program status and communicate across the product team.
- Coordinate usability studies in partnership with product designers.
- Manage designer new hire team onboarding.
- 7+ years of experience as digital producer or program manager with a background in product, digital, or tech (plus with experience in design ops or design program management).
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design, design research, and content strategy.
- Understand and appreciate current industry product design systems.
- Identify and address blockers, and push projects forward from beginning to end.
- You have clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and capturing the big picture to achieve product goals
- Be a team-player; always bring a smile and a limitless determination to succeed and grow.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.