Senior Director, Creative Operations at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7.5+ million members.
We’re seeking a Senior Director of Creative Project Management to play a critical role in connecting the Creative and cross-functional teams — helping to produce strategic, best-in-class creative. This person will design and drive processes that enable the Creative team to deliver standout work from brief to delivery with an understanding of business needs and strategies.
Ideal candidates possess vision, grit and attention to both details and deadlines to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy building relationships with cross-functional partners as well as outside vendors and executors. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding, timely execution – holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful creative. You’re passionate about timelines, processes, relationships and mentoring a team.
What You Will Do
- Become the driving operational force of our design community at CLEAR, working directly with design leadership on creating a strong design culture with stellar execution.
- Build systems and processes that scale across the design disciplines ensuring all designers, writers and partners are aware of timelines, due dates and approvals to keep programs and campaigns on track.
- Ability to understand the Creative team and CLEAR strategic objectives to enable prioritization of workloads, projects and budgets.
- Define the budget, the scope and the talent resources that projects will need to get delivered, working across teams to handle stakeholder management enabling the creative to produce thoughtful, strategic designs
- Manage and build a team of project managers who work cross functionally with creative, public affairs, marketing, growth teams, product, and people teams.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with peers and key stakeholders ensuring they are educated on creative processes and are respecting timelines — having the ability to flex with different team and operational dynamics to maintain positive culture while maximizing efficiency.
- Ensure Creative briefs are clear for teams to follow and strategic to overall business goals — understanding project intent, roadmaps, and resource needs — having the wherewithal to push back on partners with questions and concerns.
- Constantly look for process improvements at all stages — identify needs and proactively provide solutions.
- Track and communicate progress across your projects, ensuring the teams are on track, facilitating decision-making, resolving blockers and surfacing challenges
- Help drive context and visibility across internal creative and cross-functional teams, helping to break down internal silos.
- Become a leader, advocate, and educator on behalf of our design team, elevating the team’s presence within the organization.
- Help onboard new designers to the team and seek innovative ways to ensure that all new employees have a great experience joining CLEAR.
- Always be acutely aware of the team’s needs and provide feedback to our design leads in order to ensure all designers and PMs experience an enjoyable and balanced work environment.
- Enable continuous improvement during the projects, ensuring insights are captured, shared, and integrated.
- Make sure all contracts, invoices, vendor and freelancer contracts and interests are being handled in a timely manner
Who You Are
- You have 10+ years experience in a Design Operations or Project Management role working with a Design team, or equivalent experience as a Producer or Studio Manager at a design agency.
- 6+ years management experience.
- You have a real passion for working with people. Supporting and enabling them to do their best work.
- Strong operational and facilitation skills, with a proven ability to plan, coordinate and execute projects.
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style.
- You have an ability to work with multiple leadership styles and can be effective in unstructured and ambiguous environments.
- You have a proven track record of owning the project management for successful teams.
- You are an excellent communicator who can articulate the project strategy and solution, to get all team members onboard and aligned.
- You are a strategic thinker who understands business objectives and converts them into clear project plans, following through with execution
- You understand how and when to say no leveraging strategies and business goals to support your position
- You are analytic and results orientated
- You are driven, take initiative and motivate others
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenge, thriving in a fast-paced environment