Senior Manager, Data Partnerships
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You’re passionate about digital advertising, programmatic, and the power (and opportunity) of data on the industry. You will be responsible for initiating and fostering strategic relationships with providers of audience, identity, and measurement solutions, handling everything from opportunity assessment, negotiation, product integration, and building innovative opportunities that shape how marketers use data to drive campaign decisioning. Do you love an ambitious, bold, and rapidly shifting environment? If so, and you are excited to cross-collaborate with just about every department in the company, and have the chops to lead some of the most strategic partnership initiatives in programmatic, we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage existing relationships with 3rd party data providers
- Work with fellow data partnerships colleagues to identify and negotiate thoughtful, strategic partnership opportunities (based on company initiatives and account team feedback)
- Drive an efficient relationship structure for partnerships in conjunction with new partners plus Legal, Finance, and other team members
- Support account teams in showcasing the power of data to prospective and existing clients
- Perform industry research and analysis; remain abreast of trends and partner product/segment enhancements, and educate internal teams on the need-to-know with webinars, client support, and training documentation
- Assist in monthly financial billing reconciliation & collaborate on billing process enhancements
- Assure compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations
- Manage partnership deliverables including regular reports and ad hoc needs
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience crafting and building differentiated relationships with strategic partners
- Solid business development experience, and can connect opportunity with revenue
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing multiple and diverse hats
- Intellectually curious and forward thinking
- Experience in digital media, preferably ad tech
- Comfort and experience with Excel and Powerpoint as analysis and presentation tools
- Proven communication, questioning and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to build excellent rapport with internal (Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) and external partners
- Must be comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking skills
- Experience with Slack, Jira (or other ticketing systems), and Salesforce a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.