Senior Manager, Technical Program Management at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. You use data effectively to help an organization learn and improve, using working software as the primary measure of success. You promote sustainability of the process and embrace thoughtful changes.
As a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management, you will be responsible for scaling up our operation across Technology and help us grow and scale our product development. You will train the teams, establish their best practices, and develop repeatable and consistent workflow for teams to adopt. You will employ servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of software delivery and provide mentoring, coaching, and facilitation across several teams.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with Product & Engineering leaders and teams to help the team gain predictability, productivity, and maturity in how we deliver software to our customers.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Establish and lead a Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering
- Collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences on a quarterly and annual basis
- Communicate with Program and Project Managers from other departments on cross-departmental projects
- Organize product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software
- Continuously assess our Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely
- Promote, coach, train and educate Scrum Masters, trains, teams, and those surrounding the teams on the principles, practices, and value of Agile
- Establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows
- Identify and communicate the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders
- Make decisions independently to reprioritize and manage workload, enhance Agile practices and create Agile delivery presentations
- Foster trust and collaboration across the train; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear
- Foster continuous collaboration and improvements across all functions supporting Agile team execution
- Celebrate successes and learn from the past
As a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment