Senior Product Manager
What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apple’s App of the Day?
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food — it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom and pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, and live your best slice life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
Why you should be a Product Manager at Slice
This is a rare chance to
- Get in early at a well-funded startup, own your products, and craft world-class experiences.
- Grow your career and receive mentorship from a high-performance team of Product pros from Amazon, AmEx, Gilt, Jet and more top NYC shops.
- Prioritize user outcomes over roadmap output. Make a real difference both for the users feeding their friends/family and in the lives of 55,000 small business owners and the hundreds of thousands of people they employ.
What you'll do:
- Drive the roadmap process by working closely with Engineers, Product Designers and Analysts to test, code, measure and iterate your products.
- Be a driving force on cross-departmental Squads to identify and prioritize high-impact opportunities and keep the team focused on the user’s Job-To-Be-Done.
- Through both your own data analysis and working with Slice’s Business Intelligence team, develop and test hypotheses to optimize the experience and drive revenue.
- Support our business development team on the discovery and execution of product partnerships.
- Depending on team, report to Group Product Manager or Director. Flat org design promotes direct meetings with and mentorship from VP of Product.
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of Product Management experience in marketplace and mobile products.
- Good experience both in analyzing data to help develop hypotheses and then constructing experiments to test them.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking and being a partner to Product Design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner well throughout an organization.
- Meticulous in taking care of the details and demonstrating end-to-end ownership of work.
- Fluent in an agile software development.
- Great Product Managers can come from a variety of backgrounds, and so Slice is open-minded to varied education and experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with an employer match. (because you’re worth it!).
- Full benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance to make staying healthy easy cheesy.
- Unlimited paid vacation (yep!). You’re an adult and life is busy. We trust you to get things done.
- $25 towards Slice every week, so you can throw your very own pizza parties (public or personal, we don’t judge).
- Flexible work arrangements, because a life/work balance is important and this is the 21st century. Work how you work best!
- Discounted gym memberships, so you can work up a sweat in between pizza snacking.
- Weekly happy hours which are great for mingling with the Slice family or brushing up on your mixology.
- Weekly catered pizza lunches! Come on, you knew there was going to be pizza. But did you know it was gonna be weekly?
- Fully stocked kitchen featuring a plethora of snacks, coffees, teas, treats, (and likely leftover pizza) — a true bounty of delights.
- Quarterly company outings and events. Dress fancy and celebrate your successes with pinkies up! (And pizza. There will be pizza.)
- Great office space located in the Flatiron District of NYC, steps away from Union Square and most train lines.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.