Senior Program Manager, Learning Healthcare Platforms
As a Senior Program Manager on Learning Healthcare Platforms (LHP), you will have a key role in creating our technology backbone. You will be empowering the LHP organization to build and support scalable/sustainable solutions through focus on increasing operational efficiency. You will collaborate with engineering and product leaders developing & implementing the technology roadmaps and driving adoption of new capabilities.
LHP is an organization within Flatiron that strives to improve cancer care and expedite research by decreasing the complexity of finding, using and improving Flatiron’s ever growing dataset. We aim to destroy data silos and expedite development of products at Flatiron; through a technology platform that facilitates adoption of all the data points across various use cases, and variety of tools to enable: easy and efficient discovery, retrieval, ingestion, validation, documentation and QA of Flatiron data.
The LHP team is focused on building out a sustainable ecosystem for Flatiron Data that is scalable and efficient. We bring together Flatiron’s structured and unstructured data as well as the tooling needed to explore it.
You might be a good fit for this role if you excel in relationship building, project management, analytical and communication skills and have experience leading complex projects spanning multiple teams and stakeholders. You should be able to champion LHP’s operations and advocate for early adoption of new processes, effectively managing change as we continue to scale our products, people, and processes.
- Enable the Learning Healthcare Platforms (LHP) teams to build and implement scalable solutions in an efficient way that reduce operational burden and drive down costs:
- Ensure delivery of and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Establish targeted process improvements to existing processes that enable the team to focus on building out a successful platform satisfying their 3 year vision
- Write technical and non-technical documents to pitch, document, and report on projects
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Enable LHP Engineering teams to develop/execute project plans for the projects identified on the LHP 2018 road map and beyond. All projects within LHP should have a solid project plan associated with them even if they don’t require operations to provide project management support.
- Drive multiple engineering teams in creation of detailed roadmaps based on their prioritization and strategic planning
- Enable teams in pristine project execution through documenting detailed plans, tracking and communicating status regularly, and course-adjusting to mitigate internal and external risks
- Enable stakeholder management and visibility into what is happening with up & down stream internal customers and their respective operations through a clearly defined process
- Collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements, coordinating dependencies, and identifying risks and opportunities
- Design (with strong stakeholder input) & implement lean scalable processes and toolkits to guide internal operations, drive efficiency and decrease operational costs
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of in one of the following roles: operations, project management, program management, engineering lead, product lead or management consultant
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills; enjoys being hands-on, in the weeds at times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- Problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- Strong technical aptitude: understanding of agile processes, technical roadmap terminologies, larger concepts such as APIs and SDLC
- Prior experience in a high-paced, fast-growing technology environment
- Ability to influence and align engineers, peers and stakeholders while fostering a collaborative culture and building relationships across the organization