Senior Program Manager, Securities at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our rapidly growing securities business. Paxos Settlement Service (PSS) is a platform that is transforming settlement in the world’s largest equities marketplace. This $34 trillion market of US equities has operated on the same outdated technology for nearly 50 years. The Paxos platform enables participants to massively reduce the cost of settling equities trades. Paxos is achieving this revolutionary feat through its unique position as a regulated institution trusted within the traditional system while simultaneously pioneering modern technology. This new approach has been actively covered by major US press.
The Program Manager for PSS is responsible for managing our most strategic enterprise customers through the full customer lifecycle. This person will have to balance technical, commercial and operational challenges to achieve success. They will support our customers, who are many of the world's leading financial institutions, in launching new products and services in digital assets powered by the infrastructure Paxos provides. They will steer the overarching strategy of the engagement through internal and external stakeholders to create long term success.
What you will do:
- You will lead the development of the end-to-end customer engagement beginning in pre-sale and continuing through launch
- You will steer the client’s priorities and strategy to help them ensure long term success
- You will bridge the objectives of the client’s business and the operational and technical complexities of the implementation
- You will coordinate and align multiple stakeholders within the client’s organization and Paxos
- You will develop commercial and technical champions within the client’s organization
- You will work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You will identify and resolve obstacles that arise in implementation
- You will gather and share feedback internally about what you learn as you deliver Paxos’ solutions
What you need to have:
- You have 6-10 years of experience leading complex enterprise technology engagements
- Excellent project management skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have a track record of influencing internal and external stakeholders through competing priorities, dependencies and tradeoffs
- You have strong analytical skills and can use data to inform your approach
- You have strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
- You have the ability to thrive in ambiguity with organization and asking the right questions
- You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- You have comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Finance, Marketing, People, Strategic Initiatives-Office of the CEO)
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ