Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want project managers who are passionate about driving project execution with simplicity, agility, and strong cross-functional partnership to achieve business outcomes.
As the Senior Program Manager on the Business Operations & Program Management team, you will drive program delivery for multiple business systems that will be instrumental in scaling the business. The initial program priority will be ERP delivery, with future potential programs including CRM, HRIS, and Billing. This individual will be an experienced and exceptional cross-functional leader who loves driving change within an organization and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will take ownership of the programs you are driving, focusing on collaborating to achieve outcomes. You will partner with many functions within and outside the company so clear, consistent and concise communication are going to be table stakes for success. You will be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed and influencing decisions when teams are stuck.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive project management for major systems and/or finance transformation programs including planning, prioritizing, executing, and measuring project success
- Effectively communicate to ensure program requirements, timelines, purposes, objectives and expectations are understood and supported by internal and external teams
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned programs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope. Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans forward, escalation, and increased resources. Recognize risk and form mitigation plans as required
- Communicate program status to senior leadership, including C-Suite, with easy-to-read progress reports, requirements documentation, and related presentations; including explaining technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Bring your prior experience to the table to help drive key transformation programs
- Evangelize project management best practices across partner teams
- Proven track record for delivering cross-functional programs in a business setting on time and within budget in a fast-paced environment including assembly of project plans, leading the resolution of blocking issues, and with proper change management controls
- Experience delivering major systems transformation programs including some of the following: ERP, HRIS, CRM
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall-based environments and with the Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence), PMP or Scrum Certification preferred
- The ability to distill complex initiatives into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to both make quick decisions individually and facilitate sessions where we debate, decide, and commit to a decision together as a group
- A meticulously process and detail oriented mindset, yet able to lift out and prioritize and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent with authentic interpersonal interactions
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Orientation to look for areas of agreement and has a down to earth approach through conflict management with an ability to hear unvoiced concerns
- Self-starter - highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and celebrates every win
- Working knowledge of master data management best practices and data architecture approaches
- Prior Accounting / Finance experience is a bonus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!