Senior Program Manager - Technical
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to own the planning, execution and delivery of business systems from concept to launch. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the planning, execution and management of complex enterprise systems and infrastructure projects, working with both internal and external development teams and business users across the organization.
- Manage cross-functional programs by working with internal and external development teams, business teams as well as third-party software providers
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Determine internal process improvements, identify gaps across multiple teams, and ensure teams are working on the highest priority items that align to overall vision
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate program status and big picture to stakeholders and leadership
- Assess project and program risk and determine change management requirements
- Oversee third party vendors and consulting firms, acquire software licenses, negotiate new contracts and conduct renewal negotiations
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or a similar technical leadership role managing large-scale enterprise-wide initiatives
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise systems integration and software development projects from conception to launch, and meeting aggressive delivery schedules
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience managing business systems infrastructure at scale; collaborating with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and milestones, and drive delivery
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute large business and technical projects; able to articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in program management frameworks and tools
- Comfort and experience with technical and non-technical cross-team communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshalling resources across different functions of an organization
- An ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.