Senior Project Manager
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
You will be a key player on Q’s growing Project Management function. This role assists our customers managed space planning, lease analysis, design, phasing, scheduling, budgeting, renovation, full-build, and relocation projects for offices spanning across multiple industries and geographies. We are building the technology for the office space and this role will be managing the complex tasks and relationships associated with office build outs and renovations. To learn more about the history of Project Management at Managed by Q, take a look at this feature on the NVS acquisition.
- Manage Project Managers and Associate Project Managers
- Prepare overall project schedules, scope development, and overall budgets
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts
- Prepare RFP’s and manage a bid process (bid, level, interview, recommend award via an executive summary)
- Handle vendor management, to include Architects, Engineers, Expediters, Contractors, Furniture, and IT/AV/Security
- Maintain an overall budget and schedule
- Assist with lease negotiations to defining landlord work, HVAC language, end of term conditions
- Flag any clauses that create risk, hidden expense or hardship throughout tenant’s occupancy
- Read/understand architectural and engineering drawings, including IT/AV/Security
- Coordinate with PMs and Growth, Marketplace and Product teams
- 8+ years experience in Project or Property Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Sales and marketing experience
- Commercial Real Estate background a must and startup technology experience a plus
- Experience managing budgets and project schedules
- Strong bias for action
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.