At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Are you passionate about driving projects that improve experiences for both customers and employees? Do you love tackling cross-functional projects? Do you pride yourself on being communicative and know how to leverage this skill to keep your team informed and running smoothly?
Justworks is seeking a Sr Project Manager to work on our Product team to run projects that support a core area of our business - our Payments and Tax programs. As a Sr Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of these projects, ensuring they are both successful and completed on time.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Lead the planning and execution of important projects that support our payments and tax programs
- Research and evaluate the importance, timing, and needs for new projects assigned
- Gather requirements from within the product organization and business stakeholders as well as using available data
- Create detailed project timelines and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the working group
- Be comfortable with saying “No,” when backing it up with reasoning
- Organize and lead regular check-ins with project team members
- Ensure deliverables stay on schedule track and meet acceptance criteria
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- Monitor and report on key metrics as well as the status of the project to stakeholders
- Identify, communicate, and escalate potential risks to the success of projects
- Lead resolution efforts for issues that may arise and follow through until they’re completed
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Lead and share project retrospectives to celebrate wins, identify opportunity for future improvement, and learn from our experiences
All Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5+ years of project management experience within a tech-forward organization, with demonstrated wins
- Experienced in managing the execution of complex tasks
- Experienced with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Quick learner who can dive into the Justworks payments domain
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- SQL knowledge
- PMP certification
- You have a technical background
- You have an understanding of SaaS SMB products
- You have experience in the payments space, generally
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment