The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Senior Supply Chain Manager to join our growing team. This person will work closely with the Director of Supply Chain and act as the owner and central command of our operations team. This individual will start by managing a team of two who are currently executing on the end-to-end supply chain of our business.
The primary goal of the Supply Chain Manager will be to optimize strategic execution plans and processes to improve the business. As a leader of one of our core teams, this person is expected to operate with a sense of urgency while also establishing fail-safe provisions for any contingencies. This person will be the escalation level for issues that arise in the daily business.
This individual will need to ensure their team is executing on all daily and weekly tasks by providing development, coaching, and support to direct reports. As Supply Chain Manager Manager, they will own the relationship with fulfillment center and parcel carrier leadership, and map improvements for both internal teams and external partners on a 3 to 6-month horizon.How You'll Make An Impact
- Ensure direct-reports successfully execute on the following tasks: procurement and purchasing, inbound shipping, weekly fulfillment partner management and accountability, customer order management and allocation, and management of last-mile carrier(s)
- Accountable for the weekly efficiency & cost metrics of the supply chain
- Own strategic management of the last mile delivery network, including interactions with leadership counterparts at last mile carriers and adding in additional carriers where needed
- Own weekly communication and planning with the fulfillment center leadership team to optimize box production efficiency, reduce cost, improve error rates
- Work with Director of Supply Chain on strategic projects around long-range planning for fulfillment center capacity and capabilities
- Improve operational week-to-week process (purchase orders through last-mile delivery) to improve business efficiency, accuracy, scalability, and ability to take on more complexity in product assortment
- 8+ years of experience working in supply chain operations
- 3+ years of management experience, overseeing a small team and owning performance management
- Previous experience owning last mile carrier relationships and building delivery networks
- Experience managing and interacting with third-party fulfillment partners
- Strong understanding of direct to consumer business models
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota